Thursday, March 22, 2012

Journal 61: Film v Book

The story generally is the same, the characters seem to say the same things as in the book. There is a boy hatchet and the wilderness as the book described.  The boy Brian did not softly land on the water on purpose. In the movie the boy Brian runs out of fuel and leaps the plane into the lake. The boy Brian had his mind tell him all these things. I saw none of that in the movie. Another thing different is the hatchet looked way smaller that I first thought. I expected a large metal ax. Brian also looked different in my head than in the movie. In the movie he is blond, but on the cover of the book he has black hair. The author has the original picture in hes/her mind. The filmmaker has a different view. The author  has the picture in his mind, but maybe not in our mind. The filmmaker pictured a blond boy and a tiny hatchet I guess. I pictured a black-haired boy with a large hatchet swinging it around. This means there is a unknown mystery, we don't know for sure how or what it looks like, we can only imagine it...

No comments:

Post a Comment